Date(s) - 13/10/2018
Dalston CLR James Library
Making for Wellbeing is a drop-in workshop for families. Families will work together to design and create a paper circuit card that lights up and learn how to prototype a pedometer/step-counter using a Micro:bit.
There will also be a ‘Wellness Wall’ to interact with – touch the display to play different and relaxing sounds.
There are many benefits of creating, learning and building things collaboratively
- “Improved well–being by decreasing negative emotions and increasing positive ones”
- “Improved medical outcomes
- “Reductions in stress and anxiety; increases in positive emotions”
- “Reductions in distress and negative emotions”
- “Improvements in flow and spontaneity, expression of grief, positive identity, and social networks”
Ages: For families